[amibroker] Re: Systems for indices

UM,

yes, I think the location within the bbands is quite
interesting. Here is what I use to see where the stock
is in relation to the bands. I find this easier to interpret then
the bands on the price graph

bbh=((C+2*StDev(C,20) - MA(C,20)) / (3*StDev(C,20)))*3 - 2;
Plot(bbh,"",4,2+4);
Plot(2,"",1,4); //2 is the 2sds away from the the center
Plot(0.5,"",6,4);
Plot(-2,"",1,4);
Plot(-0.5,"",6,4);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> Hi nand,
>
> I mean a system which can do better than
> the 50:50 (or 48:52) which is the "usual"
> random outcome for UP or DOWN.
> A simple example: say the price of a stock is
> below the lower Bollinger Band. Here the probability
> becomes much greater for an UP than if it were
> in the middle or above the upper band.
>
> My current studies try to predict the outcome of
> the next 1 bar only, for more bars much more work
> would be necessary. But, IMHO 1 bar is fully sufficient,
> because the game starts over again the next bar...
>
> BTW, C++ is definitely not necessary for this,
> any language where you can sort a table (ie. array
> of arrays or structures) would be sufficient, for
> example simple C. It also could be that eventually ABs
> scanner and backtester will be enhanced for creating
> and testing of such types of systems too.
>
> UM

N100)
> > > of about 56%. Somewhere I had read (I think it was in Jeff
Cooper's
> > > book) that he on average has a hit ratio of more than 60%. Such
> > > beast I would like to have.
> > >
> > > BTW, the 56% hit ratio translates to about 851 to 495% profit
since
> > > 10/1/2001 (that's in 19 months; for simplicity without counting
> > commissions)
> > > depending on the number of securities one trades per trade (1
to 5
> > tested).
> > > The risk is about only 2.8% of the initial cash.
> > >
> > > Using a smaller period in the indicators used within the code
> > increases
> > > the chances but at the same time also the risks (what else? :-
). It
> > brings
> > > even 1039 to 393% (again for 1 to 5 securities per trade), but
the
> > risk now is
> > > about 11.6% of the initial cash.
> > >
> > > So, if the results are good also for other and longer time
frames,
> > then
> > > I think I've found the Holy Grail (HG), don't you think so? :-)
> > >
> > > UM

Friday
> > is greater
Friday