[amibroker] Re: how is the profit for shorts calculated?

Although this may add to the confusion, think of shorts as selling
first and buying later.

So if you Sell first at $10/Share and Buy later at $6/Share you made
$4/Share i.e. you are wanting the price of the shares to go DOWN and
like other trades %G/L = 100 * (Selling Price - Buying Price) / ENTRY
Price which in the case of short side trades is the selling price
i.e. 100 * (10 - 6) / 10 = 40%

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amiabilityy" <amiabilityy@xxxx>

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.