[amibroker] Making a NEW database for fundamental data

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brian Elijah" <cadvantag@xxxx>
wrote:
> Was wishing to add fundamental data to my results list- I like
some of the yahoo fundamental data (ie: earnings per share this year
& next, and their cash value)
> QP's EPS rankings are ok but I want more forward fundamental data-
not past or present.
---------

I think what you are looking for is similar to what Chuck from New
Zealand is considering constructing. See post 38894. Having an
external database has several advantages. Here are the ones that
appeal to me. I think your interest falls into item 1.

1. It would allow one to store data from more than one provider into
a single database for analysis in AB.

2. It would allow one to have pre and post split prices available.

3. It would allow one to keep "inactive" stock data available for
realistic backtesting. Most data providers delete stocks that go
bankrupt or get taken over. It would be great to have one's own
database to keep such valuable info available.

4. It would allow one to do "portfolio" level testing. At present AB
can not rank stocks and take the top 10 (or 20) when back testing.
But if the data was in an external database one could use the
database program itself to do the ranking and store the information
in "ticker" and AB could access that ticker to get the value that
would identify the top 10 (or 20) stocks. Eventually AB will have
portfolio testing, but in the mean time, an external database would
be helpful.

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM