[amibroker] Re: Database purify tool - short instructions

Hi Folks,

So far I have "fixed" data holes by just manually entering the
closing value of the day prior to the data hole, with zero
volume....in the non trade day or whatever....doing this via the
quotations editor.

This can be very time consuming and tedious etc but is DOES fix the
holes in composites.

TJ....Is it possible to have an option to "pad" data holes with the
closing value prior to the data hole....and with "0" volume ?

Some people may not agree with however, so please speak up....there
can be a lot of debate on how non trade days should be treated.

pacific

> Hello,
>
> No it does not fix holes - it reports them.
> I am keen to hear how would you like to have holes "fixed".
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Low >
> > High. ON
> > > by default.
> > >   e.. Report missing quotes
> > >   when checked, purify tool will report quotes that are present
in
> > Reference
> > > symbol but are NOT present in symbol being checked. ON by
default.
> > >   f.. Report missing quotes at the beginning (shorter history
than
> > reference
> > > symbol)
> > >   when checked, purify tool will report symbols that have
shorter
> > history
> > > than reference symbol. It will list all quotes at the beginning
of
> > the
> > > history of the reference symbol that do not have matching quote
in
> > symbol
> > > being checked. This is quite usual that indices have longer
history
> > than
> > > most symbols therefore this option should be used sparingly
because
> > this is
> > > not really a problem if history of given symbol starts later
than
> > reference
> > > symbol. OFF by default.
> > >   g.. Report possible splits
> > >   when checked, purify tool will scan quotes for previous
close -
> > current
> > > open gaps exceeding +/- Detection threshold percentage change.
If
> > such gap
> > > is detected it will 'estimate' possible split factor and report
> > given day as
> > > possible unadjusted split date.
> > >   h.. Report extra quotes
> > >   when checked, purify tool will report quotes that are present
in
> > symbol
> > > being currently checked but are NOT present in reference
symbol. If
> > you get
> > > a lot of 'extra quote' entries it may mean that the reference
> > symbol you
> > > have choosen does not trade each trading day.
> > > WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THE RESULT LIST?
> > >
> > > After choosing appropriate options you can run scan for
possible
> > data
> > > problems using "Analyse" button.
> > > At any time you can abort the scan using "Cancel" button in the
> > progress
> > > window.
> > >
> > > One scan is completed (or aborted) you can review the result
list
> > and then
> > > you can click right mouse button
> > > over the result list and choose one of the following options:
> > >   a.. add symbols to watch list
> > >   b.. add selected symbols to watch list
> > >   these options will add either all or selected items to the
watch
> > list of
> > > your choice. You will be able to delete symbols
> > >   using Symbol->Organize assignments.
> > >   c.. Copy to clipboard
> > >   will copy the contents of result list to the clipboard for
> > further use in
> > > any other application
> > > You can also double click on any entry to show given chart with
> > selection
> > > line showing inappropriate entry (with exception
> > > to missing quotes of course)
> > >

> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko
> > > amibroker.com