  >From:
  <A title=leif.soderstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">leifsoder2002

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 7:28
PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Acceleration
  From my perspective Volume is important because it
  represent the amount of energy some one is prepared to burn (invest) to
  move the car (stock) up the hill. Look for the differece between up and
  down volume and new insights will appear. Very effective on intraday data
  1,5,15 minute charts.On balace volume OBV will not do the job
  because it seems to be affected by gaps in the price curve.Best
  regardsLeif--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eugene"
  <johngalt1234@xxxx> wrote:> I think we are missing the point
  here. I never intended volume to be a> factor. The example that I
  am giving here is like that of a car. In> order to climb a slope it
  needs speed and Gas. If the Gas runs out> before optimum speed
  obviously he will not make it to the top. The> optimum speed is
  determined by the previous time the same thing was> accomplished. So in
  a sense the time it took to say get a previous> rise of 20% could be
  compared to current price action as see if the> 20% rise is achievable
  this time. > > Just my thoughts.> > >
  > In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dom1_1998" <dominick@xxxx>
  wrote:> > Hi Leif:> > > > How much of a help was
  your indicator to you?  I imagine you could> > also use On
  Balance Volume as well.  I've done that but I didn't find>
  > it much help. > > > > I'm guessing you're referring
  to end of day data.  Unfortunately to be> > accurate the
  data should be intra-day.  > > > >
  DominickSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.