[amibroker] testing entries

Group,
Here is a little AFL program you can use to evaluate your trade
entries.  There are several flavors of this type of utility around
but I thought I would post this one for people that may have missed these
before.  If you find it useful let me know and I will put it in the
library.
The basic idea is to execute the proposed entry code and see how often it
trades, the quality of the entry as measured be winners and losers, gain,
drawdown etc.  The evaluation period will only be 1 to several
bars.  Watch out for a string of losing entries or big drawdowns
that chew up your capital.
Cheers
Sid
*********************
/*  Entry
Point Tester */
/* Not a trading system.  Just used to evaluate entries so there are
no commissions,
        enter and
exit on closes with no delays.  ExRemSpan is needed to eliminate
extra
        signals
between entry and exit.  If you check shorts check reverse positon
box in
        settings.
Remove the three shorting  statements for mutual funds. */
/* Modified 27 Apr 2003 by Sid Kaiser */
/********** Enter trading condition here **************/
//example, try it on QQQ
m =
Optimize("m",37,8,43,1);
sd =
Optimize("sd",0.9,0.5,2,0.05);
Cond = H >
BBandTop(C,
m, sd);
Cond2 = L <
BBandBot(C,
m, sd);
/**********
evaluation section **********/
SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);

/*Close,
Close, Close, Close, no commissions, reverse position on opposite entry
*/
T =
3;//Optimize("T",3,1,8,1);
/*exit T days after the entry*/