From: "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 9:02 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Another, less important, question

Fred,
thank you for the reply.
Yes I read your messages, they are interesting, but, it is not a
matter of my opinion or your opinion. What is written in AFL function
reference is the subject.
As Tomasz wrote, the DEMA and the EMA-equivalent match after the
initial period. I do not see this in my gifs posted at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/38859
Take a look.
DT

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >

> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
> > <amibroker@xxxx>

> > What do you mean "perfectly OK".
> > After how many bars the built-in DEMA matches its EMA-equivalent
> > described in your DEMA comment in AFL function reference.
> > I have already posted #38859 with full explanatory codes and gifs
> > showing the divergence of DEMA and EMA-equivalent.
> > Did you read this message ?
> > Would you apply equally DEMA or EMA-equivalent in a trading
system?
> > Would you equally rely upon any of these two "equivalent"
formulas ?
> > Would you trade your money based on DEMA or, equally, on EMA-
> > equivalent?
> > This would be "perfectly OK"
> > If for a certain bar DEMA gives you 9 and the EMA-equivalent
gives
> > 11, then it is not perfectly OK, I could say it is quite far from
> any
> > reliability idea.
> > I did not understand your reply, except if you didnīt read #38859
> > Dimitris Tsokakis

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM