RE: [amibroker] 10 uses for the #Include

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Anthony,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
WHen
you use the include you never get to see the code in the AA window. Amibroker
reads it internally when it runs your formula.  This is how you can save
space in the AA window.  The code that is "included" should have been
thoroughly tested and error free.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Anthony
  Faragasso [mailto:ajf1111@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003
  7:40 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] 10 uses for the #IncludeHerman,
  Thank you for that...That much I do know...but how do I read this
  file....example..How would I read this in The AA window on an
  explore.....Or in theIndicator Builder... TIA Anthony
  -------Original Message------- From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Saturday, April 26, 2003 2:27:30 AM To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: RE: [amibroker] 10 uses for the
  #Include You create a directory in your AmiBroker directory that is
  called "IncludeFiles", you copy all your include files to that directory.
  Then to read the include file code into your system you insert this line:
  #include "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\IncludeFiles\movingaverage.afl";
  h -----Original Message----- From: Anthony Faragasso
  [mailto:ajf1111@xxxxxxxx] Sent: April 25, 2003 7:55 PM To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [amibroker] 10 uses for the
  #Include Herman,   I have not worked with the #include
  pre-proccessor yet...mainly I do not know how....   Say I
  have a file called Movingaverage....( movingaverage=ma(c,28) ).....Now
  I want to use this in some other formula....so I write the following:
  #include "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AFL\movingaverage.afl"
  Now What do I do ??  Thank you Anthony
  -------Original Message-------   From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:31:36 PM To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [amibroker] 10 uses for the #Include Hello,   The
  #include does not enhance processing power or provide additional
  functions. I substitute it with the full code after development or for
  performance testing. However it is extremely handy for:   1) Making
  code more readable during development by hiding a major part that doesn't
  require any more work. Working on a program of a few hundred lines and
  scrolling back and forth, from begin to end, doesn't make for pleasant
  working. Breaking it up into modules will speed up you work.
  2) During development, when working with loops, you can hide the entire
  body of the loop so that you can see the begin and the end of the loop and
  work on the code in those areas. For quick temporary hiding of code
  sections use a standard name like Mod1, Mod2, etc.   3) I plot
  equity and other indicators from the backtester using the Equity button, i
  find this easier than working from two formula windows. Most indicators
  contain completed code so they can very conveniently be put into an
  #Include file, so as not to clutter up the systems code. Fred's equity
  code is a nice example that you might want to have in an Include
  file.   4) Some of my systems use many calibration constants, a
  long line of 100 short statements messes up the code and makes it harder
  to work with. Placing the assignments in an include file hides them nicely
  and makes it very easy to switch constants by commenting out one or
  another include   5) During development I use ,any AddCollumn
  statements, 10, 20, even more. In a major project it is well worth to
  develop such debugging tools and leave them in the code. Simply uncomment
  them when you need them...   6) Include files can be used to
  "attach" documentation to a program without cluttering the window and
  using up a lot of space. Sometimes it is handy to use the Indicator
  formula window (if not used) to keep notes in an Include file.
  7) Scripts, if used, are pretty well stand-alone pieces of code and it is
  nice to hide them from view.   8) If you use pattern recognition
  and work with long lists of patterns or Candle stick patterns, you can
  define those in an include file.   9) If you want to translate
  Status("StockNum") to a literal string ("MSFT") and you work the N100,
  you'll need a 100 statements that mess up your code. Also since this type
  of code can be called from many other programs it is nice to have it self
  contained.   10) You can pass parameters to Include files (as needed
  in 9 above) by reserving a suitable variable name for Include files ,or as
  I do, i give the include file a long name that tells me what it expects
  and what it returns. For example: N100Number-n-ToTicker-T.afl this files
  expects a pointer named "n" to be defined before using the #Include and
  returns the Ticker name-string in "T". I define n before the include and
  use the string T after it. Easy?   11) I know: I can't count!
  Some standard Param() applications that are needed for debugging but not
  in the final version - an Include may be useful
  here.
  Yahoo! Groups
  Sponsor           Send
  BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ----------------------------------------- Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Web
  page: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)
  html    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
  Terms of Service. Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Send
  SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
  Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Send