[amibroker] Re: Another, less important, question

Hi Dimitris,

Many years ago I subscribed to TeleScan... an online stock screening
service. And I did some trading based upon a custom screen I
developed. Then unexpectedly, my custom screen totally stopped
generating trades. Turned out that TeleScan software developers
changed the calculation on one indicator, and they did this without
documenting it for their customer base.

It should be expected that as AB evolves, TJ will occasionally change,
fix or enhance an indicator in such a way that its behaviour differs
from before.

The way I have always dealt with this possible situation (even with my
own backtesting software) is to document the backtested results from
trading systems I use. Then periodically just re-run the backtest and
verify that the results have not changed.

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM