[amibroker] Re: Poll results for amibroker & versatility

Tomasz,

Excellent.  THANK YOU.

Of course no one wants to spend more then one has to and I WOULD
TOTALLY AGREE that it is the most bang for the buck.

Ughhhh ... Again ?! ... With regards to my statement of no
documentation about how things work being a lie, in some cases it is
still true that one has to assume how things are calculated as they
are not documented. Awhile ago this was true of DEMA (See the comment
you added below), it is still true of TEMA and others.  If you recall
it was at the time as a result of my suggestion that you added the
extra description.  I understand of course that it is totally your
decision about whether or not to do anything in this regard but it is
my suggestion that when you have a little time you review the other
indicators and add similar descriptions to those that don't have it
and could use it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Comments:
Tomasz Janeczko
tj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2003-02-06 13:51:31 DEMA internally is implemented via EMA:

Len=10;
Graph0= 2 * EMA( C, len ) - EMA( EMA( C, len ), Len );

> Fred,
>
> I will leave without comment most part of your response
> and will repeat what I already said before:
>
> - LLV/HHV supported and supports variable periods.
> There is a bug in variable-period version  only
> that occurs in some esoteric cases like you have
> created and does not occur in cases when periods do not
> vary each bar by 200%.
> It will be fixed within 1-2 days (it is already
> fixed in fact but in my development version but I have to finish
> some other features before release)
>
> - all AFL functions ARE documented in the AFL function reference
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl
> We may discuss if the documentation is enough or not but
> saying that there is "no documentation" is a lie.
>
> - if you want to spend $9999 - there is a plenty of other products
> that you can try.
>
> I guess all the others do not want to spend that much
> and prefer to point out the error and wait a day or two for the fix
> instead.  I never stated that AB is perfect and will never be
> (because there are no perfect softwares), but AB is certainly
> one of the best bang for the buck so please allow me to decide
> how much should it cost, because my pricing strategy proved
> to be successful over years.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

AB

<amibroker@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Fred,
> > >
> > > I wonder if you really think that I don't know what
> > > are the weaknesses of #include ?
> > >
> > > And that I don't know what functions are ?
> > >
> > > And that I don't know what is structural programming?
> > >
> > > If you knew C/C++ a little you would know that #include is
> > > a PREPROCESSOR command not really a function or statement of
the
> > language.
> > >
> > > The #include is powerful tool but it has no relation to
functions.
> > It is preprocessor
> > > command. And exactly the same it functions in AFL.
> > >
> > > As for "I would like to have" part....
> > > I also would like to have some things (especially for $99)
> > > the problem is that someone has to write it ... and this is me.
> > > I know exactly what should be added,
> > > the problem is that it is HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK that can not be
done
> > > in minutes, hours or days.
> > >
> > > And I am working, 7 days a week (do you work also that
much ???? )
> > > I am bringing new releases almost every week... so please
> > > show just a little, little bit of patience.
> > >

> > > I am pretty amazed when people are coming from other platforms
> > > like Tradestation and expect me to do in a week/month
> > > things that Tradestation developers TEAM
> > > (many people) NEVER IMPLEMENTED till now and have it all as a
free
> > > upgrade of $99 product.
> > >
> > > Then when given feature arrives (see looping) I hear:
> > > well it is complicated to use and finally only a few use such
> > feature.
> > >
> > > A non-stop complainers are never happy.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko