[amibroker] This was a lot of things, like Poll etc, now just some conversation on indicators and thiings

Fred
I have no idea as I am not really concerned with most of the variable
variability indicators of indicators, or whatever this thing that has been
voted for. I have always worked on the basis of "must know" how something
works before it can be used. In my profession it was vital to do this as
catastrophe could occur if a mistake is made. I am merely a dabbler with the
indicators, taking them very slowly as I try to learn what message they are
telling me. If they are not easy to understand then I pass them by and look
at another. I have always been an "eye" trader regarding charts, preferring
the simpler indicators like price bars (I use candles because they are
easier to see the moves for me due to solid O-C bar and tails), and P&F
charts. Other items are just straight lines drawn on the charts.
I think I have said this before, but I am yet to find a mechanical system
that suits the basket of stocks I follow, that suits me and my psyche.
Further on from before and my profession when I worked, if you could not
find something that did what was needed, then you found a way to modify
things or combine things together to produce the required results. Maybe
this is now my problem as I tend to accept a lot of things as they are, and
rather than get them changed, I work around the shortfalls to get to the
end. If I find a tool that works, I use it. Like the support resistance code
I emailed out today, I originally had multiple formula entries for each line
to be drawn, which to say the least is tedious. I was going to next brush up
my poor script knowledge. But as I was further developing the code the easy
to use, no added script lines required, loop functions were introduced. This
came as a great tool. Maybe it was only included because someone asked for
it, or TJ saw it as a benefit to us, I don't know. Guess I am too laid back
to be a trader.
Like drawdowns, I export the trades list to excel and compile a full system
trade there. It is slow and would work better if I used a database, but I
don't have one on my computer, so I use excel and wait for a few minutes for
the calculation to run. I have the time to wait, don't do much else, and
gives me a chance to keep my office tidy. :-(
Now must check the internet for surfing in the Bahamas, got my curiosity
piqued. Or was that meant to be internet surfing in the Bahamas ;-)

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia