[amibroker] Value of INCLUDE was: Poll results for amibroker & versatility

Fred said: "Regarding #INCLUDE maybe I'm missing the power of this that
you
suggest but I don't see the value of a preprocessor per se."

Fred: I am not sure you will find this informative, but I have just
completed a project for a FTer in converting a collection of signals
into a "Master Signal", all the while contending with tweaks and changes
to various parts of the components of the Master Signal.

I coded the segments into their own AFL files and assembled the master
signal into a collection of INCLUDES

INCLUDE(Signal 1)
T1=variable

INCLUDE(Signal 2)
T2=variable 2

Etc

Sum the Ts for a Master signal.

Used the same technique to plot the component parts.

When the logic of a component changes, I alter the one file containing
the logic and everything else changes with it, without any additional
code changes.

Valuable to me, whether you have a use for it or not, or consider it
"piggy".

I would never do optimizations thru this mechanism however for the
reason you suggest.

Ken

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/GHeqlB/TM