Re: [amibroker] Re: How does it work, revisited ...

Hello,

DEMA, TEMA, AMA, AMA2 (etc) work correctly, but they are recursive functions.
You should really learn some signal processing basics
BEFORE you apply variable periods to all recursive (IIR) filters as DEMA.
One thing to remember is that DEMA uses PREVIOUS value
to calculate current value therefore no "band-to-band" effect
will appear.
Second thing - If you read something about recursive filters (IIR) you will
know that the frequency of smoothing parameter change should
be much lower than frequency of the array you want to smooth.
Otherwise very strong aliasing appears.

LLV - requires further checking

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko