[amibroker] Re: Dynamic Indicators Poll -- VOTE AGAIN, PLEASE

As far as the list itself is concerned ... some of these would be a
royal pain in the butt to implement from a user point of view i.e.
standard deviation, linear regression etc. some would be a piece of
cake i.e. MACD ...

Assuming as stated that EMA accepts variable period input now and
given that MACD is constructed simply out of EMA's this is easy
enough for any user to implement on their own now inside AFL with no
looping.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Polls for new features and functions are all well and good which is
> how I would characterize variable periods or time variant periods
if
> thats what this poll is for ( Is it ? ) But IMHO first things
first,
> the basic functions that work off arrays should work off user
> supplied arrays, they should not be limited to the list of data
> arrays i.e. O, H, L, C, V, etc. and they certainly shouldn't limit
> ones choices to C. (Substitution of some array into close and back
is
> not a viable solution - This is poor programming practice and begs
> for trouble)
>
> Let's at least walk before we attempt to run.
>
> Fred
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "markf2" <feierstein@xxxx> wrote:
> > In Message 38132, Tomasz pointed out that HHV, LLV, HHVBars,
> LLVBars,
> > DEMA, TEMA, MA, WMA, REF, and SUM already work with dynamic
> > parameters. When I updated the poll to reflect this, ALL votes
were
> > lost so please vote again if you're still interested, LOL.

> > I apologize for the confusion.  The fact that the above
indicators
> and
> > functions accept dynamic parameters was reflected in release
notes
> but
> > not in the 4.30 users guide that I used to make the poll.  The
fact
> > that so many of you voted for them shows you didn't know either,
and
> > I've asked Tomasz to include this information in the next
> > documentation update.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "No good deed goes unpunished."
> > --Steve Karnish

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM