  >From:
  <A title=chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Chuck Rademacher
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 1:41
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Variable periods
  (for CS)

  had no problem understanding what you meant in the RSI example.  However,
  I think that even if we had the capability of passing variable "periods" to
  functions, we would first have to convert them to integers.
  Otherwise, TJ (or the function) would have to make some assumptions that
  we might not like.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  In
  your example, the ATR could be something like 8.3.   I'm suggesting
  that we would need  to use an Integer, Truncate, Round or
  RoundUp function to make that number either 8 or 9 before passing it to
  the (new) RSI function.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  This
  discussion started with a question about using variable number of periods for
  LinRegSlope.   I think most people continued the discussion about
  variable periods for other functions.   The discussion then grew
  into other possible variables, which is fine.    I, for one,
  would put the emphasis on variable periods.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: CS
    [mailto:csaxe@xxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 4:08
    PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
    [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.31.0 BETA Question
    I clearly wrote RSI(14) vs. RSI( ATR(3) ).
    The difference is the periods input.

    -CS
    <BLOCKQUOTE