[amibroker] Re: Dynamic indicators

I don't disagree with what you are saying except that I didn't notice
anyone asking for this specific thing ASAP ... But we would like to
have it ... To not be able to do certain analysis or other analysis
without complicating things by overlaying what IMHO should protected
arrays relating to price and which TJ has stated previously are not
particularly good things to overlay regardless of how careful one
thinks one is being is somewhat painful.  I understand the growing
pains software like this has but to me and to others as well I think
these are important issues.  Having For/While/If/Else is an important
step which like all other enhancements we are appreciative of but to
some degree would be needed even less if one could do the kinds of
things we are suggesting.  No one really wants to implement their own
versions of Standard Deviation or Linear Regression in order to
accomplish these kinds of things although if necessary we will.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Fred,
> We can not have whatever comes easily in this forum in one night !!
> Some people say the reason they left SoftwareA [600USD] or
SoftwareB
> [>1000USD] and moved to amibroker [still <100USD] to solve all the
> unsolved right now.
> I really doubt if this request for all-variable is what they need.
> I come to this conclusion looking at the reaction to some recent
> codes I post here.
> Although they are pure AFL, without tricks or unknown techniques,
> they seem too difficult for many people.
> At the same time they ask more and more complicated functions ASAP.
> It is a contradiction in my opinion.
> It would be better to wait, Tomasz have a plan for amibroker
> evolution, it gives excellent support and satisfies a lot of users
> requests.
> The recent confusion with for/if/else is descriptive enough to put
> you in thoughts about how the users assimilate new [for amibroker]
> directions.
> Just some thoughts, nothing more, back to work now...
> DT
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > That's wonderful with EMA ~ AMA ... but there are a lot of other
> > functions where this either won't fly or is a royal pain in the
> butt.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
> <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Example
> > > per=10+Cum(1)%10;
> > > Plot(EMA(C,per),"",7,1);
> > > will not function, since EMA does not accept variable per.
> > > But, you may see it [and use it] with
> > >
> > > per=10+Cum(1)%10;
> > > smooth=2/(per+1);
> > > W=AMA(C,smooth);
> > >
> > > Play a little with
> > > per=10+Cum(1)%10;
> > > smooth=2/(per+1);
> > > W=AMA(C,smooth);
> > > Plot(W,"",4,8);Plot(EMA(C,10),"",5,1);Plot(EMA(C,20),"",5,1);
> > > it is interesting.
> > > DT
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
> > <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>

> > > <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> > in

> > > internally
> Close);
> 9,

(Array,periods)
> > do

> parameter
> > > between
> ATR

> > > people
> > list.
> > indicator/function
> > are
> > > so
> > control

> > as

> created

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM