[amibroker] Re: To compound or not to compound... that is the question

I sent this response 20 minutes ago but I guess it got lost in the
ether:

I've been playing with the question I asked about can CAR be
calculated just on the data in the Optimizer data and it looks like a
close approximation can be achieved by multiplying the RAR ann by the
Exposure (percentage divided by 100).

This works since exposure is another measure of what period of time
the system was active.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> In order to calculate CAR one needs to know over what period of
time
> the system was active.
>
> But ...
>
> Assuming for the moment that one wanted to optimize on MAR, NET %
> Profit serves equally well as CAR for the purposes of ordering the
> results.
>
> For example in the CSV which you are referring to, I assume you are
> exporting and then importing into Excel, you could simply calculate
> new column X = Net% / -MaxDD and sort descending on X.
>
> Although this may not provide CAR and in turn MAR it will order the
> results in the same way as MAR would.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> > The big pain in the butt with CAR, and MAR is that those columns
> are not
> > in the CSV file produced by the Optimizer and there is no way to
> > addcolumn to that data. So, you to do it manually.  Do you know a
> way
> > that CAR can be calculated using just the data from the optimizer?
> > (Don't look at the backtest results)

Report

> > MAR = CAR / MDD This does NOT show up in the backtest reports but
> can
> > be calculated easilly enough.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "nkis22" <nkishor@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Dimitris,
> > > I want to learn some things about backtesting now. What is
> > > CAR? MAR? MDD? I don't see these columns when I optimize - just
> > > learnt how to run one. Is there a way to get this columns, the
> only
> > > one that I can see is RAR.
> > >
> > > tia
> > > nand

> > take

> > and
> > MAR
> parameters
There
> > are
> > are
> > > as
MAR
> > but
> for
> > > full
> increased
> > > bet
> made,
> > > the
> on
> > > equity
> 10%
> > > DD
If
> > you
> > > right
> > appear

> > in
> > > measure
> evaluate

> > > would

> > the

> > I've

Since
> > the
> one
> > > very

> > > me

Terms
> of

Terms

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17
> > bin/autoredir?

> > > Service
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17
> 05
> > 632198:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
> camp=5
> > 56&lineid=3179269&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>
> >
> > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
> M=249982.3179269.4495679.1728375/D=egrou
> > pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=848056051>
> >
> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM