[amibroker] Re: Average price volatility in percent

Hi Al,

The 5 period MA on the ATR was to apply a bit
of smoothing.
In essence, I'm comparing an average of the
closing price to an average of the ATR.
When plotted and viewed over "medium" time periods
(eg: 20 to 30 days) the smoothing does not
hinder the outcome. This indicator was used to visually
gauge how ATR changes in realtion to price over a
considerable time period. (like a couple of years).
I found that stocks with a consistently low value
on my charts were a bit more "efficient" and tradeable.

Gosub283

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Al Venosa <avcinci@xxxx> wrote:
> Gosub, Why do you take a 5-period moving average of a 14-period
ATR? Why not simply use the following code: GM_Vol = 100*MA(ATR
(1),14)/MA(((H+L)/2),14);

*****************************************************/

> GM_Vol = (MA(ATR(14),5) / MA(((H+L)/2),14))*100;
> Graph0 = GM_Vol;
> Graph1 = MA(GM_Vol,10);
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> > Hi,
> > how would one compute an average price volatility
> > over past x days on a percent basis for a stock?
> > Any formula?
> > UM
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
>
> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx