RE: [amibroker] Re: RWT - Equity Curve calculations - Chronological Order???

Have
you been able to simulate your stop method in Amibroker? If so are you using the
Applystop or doing it in script or?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 8:42
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  RWT - Equity Curve calculations - Chronological
  Order???Fred,Perhaps it is the accepted
  practice to measure drawdowns from the highof a trade and if that is so
  then so be it.FWIW... I measure drawdown in terms of my available
  equity. (I don'tcount the high price of a current stock trade as
  'available equity'.It is only equity in my mind when I close out the
  trade. I can affordthis latitude in measuring drawdowns because I use
  rigid trailing stops.I can see where someone who had an account value
  at the beginning of2000 of a million and who having never sold has an
  account value of100,000 might consider it a drawdown. Fortunately, I
  cultivated thepractice of cutting losses years ago.Not argueing...
  just telling you what is important to me.Phsst--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:> I
  understand your need to do the evaluation and as I've stated >
  unfortunately there is insufficient information even from the AB >
  trade list to do this.  If you hold a trade for a month and for that
  > trade you bought at 100 and sold at 90 what you see is a 10% loss but
  > if in between the entry and exit date the stock in question reached
  > 120 before going to 90 you have a 25% drawdown.  This
  information is > NOT available from the trade list.> >
  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:>
  > From Fred:> > > > >Keep in mind when exporting
  available numbers even for each trade > from AB> > >that
  this does NOT allow for showing true drawdowns.> > > > and
  that when > developing, > > >testing and optimizing
  systems IMHO the way to do so is using full > > >compounding as
  to do otherwise shows erroneous results that can > > >easilly
  lead one to think a system is better then it really is in > >
  >terms of the negatives and worse then it really is in terms of the
  > > >positives.> > > > Question for Fred and
  for TJ:> > > > In my post "RWT - Positionsize" I explained
  the need to analyze> > backtest generated trade data in
  chronological order, matching > actual> > trading
  environments.> > > > Regarding how the Equity Indicators
  are calculated, is Equity> > calculated in:> > >
  > 1) Alphabetical or Watch List Sequence> > > > or
  > > And regarding the compounding issue... does compounding occur on
  the> > entire portfolio chronologically (the sequence in which you
  would > have> > actually made the trades) or is compounded in
  an issue after issue> > after issue fashion. If it is not
  chronological trades using the> > entire portfolio, then it is
  useless and misleading information.> > > > If I am right,
  then fixed positionsize is the only *potential* way > to> >
  analyze backtest output further. (And if I'm wrong then PLEASE let>
  > someone explain why chronological analysis isn't necessary).> >
  > > PhsstSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.