Re: [amibroker] Real-world trading

At 03:47 PM 04/13/2003 -0400, you wrote:
It
would help to get the subject right (was "trailing stops"), but
I'm keen to discuss real-world trading up to 20 hours a day.
I'm sure there are others, too.   The best way to kick it off
is to simply... kick it off.    Saying that you are
thinking about it doesn't generate much in the way of
dialogue.

The above is meant to be
constructive.  I've rewritten it eleven times, but it still sounds
like I'm being sarcastic.  Many of my posts (and a lot of those from
other members) have been about real-world trading, portfolio management,
baskets of stocks, etc.   I can't imagine anyone saying that
threads like these should be taken elsewhere.   If others
prefer that those subjects not be discussed here, let's start another
group.   In the meantime, "show us the
money".

-----Original
Message-----

From: phsst
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 12:42 PM

To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [amibroker] Re: Trailing Stops

> Are you going to post it in the other forum or drop the
subject ?

Fred,

All, the only reason I talked about using AmiBroker-TS was it is set up
and is available for trade system discussions.  In the early days of
AB, this list and the -TS list were both frequently used and everyone
that was interested subscribed to both lists.  Later on there were a
bunch of questions about AmiQuote and TJ set up a third list dedicated to
handling those questions away from this list.
I found it useful to use the -TS list.  I set up a filter in my mail
program to ignore AmiQuote Q&A and route the -TS questions into a
separate mail box where I could concentrate on them apart from what was a
slew of programmer type questions on this list that I did not relate to
and could not follow very well.
Obviously I do not understand the reluctance to separate the topics in a
very general way.
Cheers
Sid
PS: it would be nice if people would delete the prior ten messages from
the bottom of their posts and just include enough of the prior posts to
clearly indicate what their reply references.  My mail box
overfloweth. :-)

---