[amibroker] Re: Real World Systems

Ken,

You and I have had some offline discusions about system development,
testing, optimization and realtime usage ... What are your views at
this point with regards to using PositionSize= in the pre-realtime
parts off this, I know at one point way back they were significantly
different then my own.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Phsst:   no...I have an interest in "real world trading".  I work
> systems all the time and occasionally believe I have enough
confidence
> in them to try trading them.  I have invested month and months in
> several systems wherein all I did was learn the perils of
> overoptimization.
>
> I suspect there are tons (as in lots) of people who are VERY
interested
> in this topic, while at the same time perhaps believe they have
little
> to contribute.  So they do not say anything because then someone
will
> say "Well, where is YOUR real world system to share".  There may
even be
> an implied expectation: if you publish a system, it should work.
Maybe
> folks' confidence in this is not what it should be to allow them to
show
> their fragile stuff.
>
> Ken

Fred)