[amibroker] Equity(1)?

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Background:  I'm trying to create a composite that will show the
amount of capital required to trade every signal generated by my system on a
basket of stocks.   This should be easy!   I managed to
determine if I'm long or short except under the circumstances where I have been
stopped out.   My "ApplyStop" wasn't setting the "sell" condition, nor
is it intended to do so.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
So, a
little more reading and I discover the "Equity(1)" function.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
placed the statement right after my "ApplyStop" statement.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Everything seemed to be working fine.  However, I now generate a few
extra trades that weren't being generated before adding the Equity(1)
line.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
How
can this be?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
read the help section for the Equity function more than a dozen times and still
find it confusing to me.   It seems to set the "sell" condition if a
stop has been applied.   That's how I want to use it.   But
I cannot understand why I now pick up a few extra trades for most
stocks.   The extra trades seem to be legitimate.  So, I guess
the real question could be why weren't they generate before I added the
Equity(1) statement?   Does everyone ALWAYS add the Equity(1)
statement to every system?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I look
forward to hearing from someone on the issue.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks