[amibroker] Re: System Testing & Evaluation Portfolios was Trailing Stops ?

Dingo,

The losses would have to be replaced as well as siphoning profits off
the winners and this after each trade.  Even that would make
calculation of DD's and returns a semi-nightmare i.e. what's the DD
after you have a 5% loss and then replenish the cash and then have
another 5% loss and then replenish the cash and is that then the same
gain/loss as on the positive side when you have a gain of 5%, siphon
off the gain and then have another 5% gain and siphon off the gain ?
It appears that both have 0% gain unless somehow there is cash
accounting as well.

Now if one were to think about the above aspect of things, is that
really what one would want to do in real life i.e. siphon profits off
your best systems (penalize) and replenish losses in your worst
systems (reward) ?  Personally I'd rather trash the worst systems and
continue to trade the best ones.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> I¡Çm back from a mind clearing walk and now see that you are right.
The

<steve@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > System Testing & Evaluation Portfolios was Trailing Stops ?Fred,
> >
> > I'm always interested to hear your views and don't consider them
an
> attack in any way.
> > One more thing. what is your thought on the use of expectancy as a
> quality parameter?
> > I recall you like Ann%/DD%. Is this better than expectancy?
> >
> > Steve

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupweb/
S=
> 1705632198:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-
bin/autoredir?cam
> p=556&lineid=3083889¢ç=egroupweb&pos=HM>
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egrou
> pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=267485366>
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM