[amibroker] Re: Trailing Stops

No problem ... I thought it might provide a fast path for you.  Keep
in mind when exporting available numbers even for each trade from AB
that this does NOT allow for showing true drawdowns.

I am curious if the methodology of limiting position sizes to fixed
dollar amounts is something you actually do.  The construct of
PositionSize = Percent as opposed to DollarAmount is also a feature
in AB which for those who trade portfolios of stocks is one I
understand.  What I don't follow about using PositionSize =
DollarAmount is for example once your portfolio eventually doubles in
size you'll only be trading 50% of it won't you ?

Another AB proviso here is that it doesn't seem to limit the number
of simultaneous trades one can make regardless of how one sizes
PositionSize relative to InitialEquity.  By that I mean if I have 10
tradable things in my group and I specify that PositionSize = 50% of
equity, it will still allow me to have 10 open positions, same thing
if I specify my initial equity is $500k and PositionSize = $250K.
Again neither of these conditions is realistic.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> > So how does your "grail" system look with the portfolio equity
curve
> > indicator ?
>
> Fred,
>
> I don't want you to take this the wrong way but I am currently
> spending my time and effort in developing an 'equity curve' / 'mkt
> risk exposure' measurement from exported *.csv backtest trade files.
>
> ie. I am going at this measurement from the 'back door' and think
that
> I am on the right track to eliminate the manual efforts I've spent
in
> the past.
>
> Eventually, I'll get the chance to use your 'Equity Curve Indicator'
> and will let you know what the results are.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phsst
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > Phsst,
> >
> > So how does your "grail" system look with the portfolio equity
curve
> > indicator ?

> > > $100 stock
> > >
> > > Yes I know. For illustration purposes only.
> > >
> > > Phsst

And
> > this
> > that a

> > Explore)

> > Day

> > Trailing

(SellPrice,PrevSellPrice);                //
> > Stop

(SellPrice,O);                            //
> > Loss

Trailing

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM