  >From:
  Fred
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 12:09
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Trade
  Analysis
  Ben,Are you stating that you have never seen the
  results of systems that can do this ? or that you've never seen the code
  for systems that can do this ?  If it's the former then have another
  look at the equity chart I posted for the main system I do trade.
  Fred--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  profitok <profitok@x...> wrote:>
  Trade Analysisthis is an Excellent point> and that is why  I still
  have not seen  systems with  low  dd   and
  high %  of accuracy  and  small amount of consecutive
  losses> (if one do exit,  one would trade it and become Bill gates
  really fast> Ben>   ----- Original Message -----
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003
  11:41 PM>   Subject: [amibroker] Trade Analysis>
  > >   Phsst & Others interested in this
  subject,> >   One of the problems with taking
  information from even a detailed report in AB and exporting it to a CSV
  and then in turn importing into Excel is that although it will properly
  show the Entry Date & Price and Exit Date & Price, it does not
  show prices of whatever it is that's being traded during the bars in
  between the entry and exit, therefore there is no way using a methodology
  like that to come up with semi-accurate numbers for drawdowns .>
  >   Example .> >   For simplicity I
  used Pring's KST system trading AA i.e. only one stock ...>
  >   As one can see from the report below there was a 7.1% CAR
  and 36.71% drawdown on a close to close basis.>
  >   In looking at the Equity Line in the graph
  (attached)  one can see here too that there were the same
  results.> > > >   But if one does a copy
  of the actual detail trade information and paste into Excel (See Attached)
  and adds columns for max equity and drawdown% and then at the bottom of
  the column takes the maximum of drawdown%, the result shows an incorrectly
  low 27.67%.  The reason of course is that the detailed report from AB
  and thus Excel does not show what happened during the course of time that
  individual trades were being held.> >   In looking
  at what is in the AB reports when multiple stocks are traded some of which
  could be simultaneously or overlapping investments there are several
  problems.> >   1.      AB
  apparently assumes that one must have enough capital to buy say $10k of
  every stock in the run and so it forces initial equity to be higher then
  it needs to be.> >   2.
  AB reports as MaxDD what is the MaxDD for one stock trade and although in
  some way this may be useful information it overstates what MaxDD is for
  the account.  Beyond this though and given what information is
  available in the detailed report trading only one stock, it would not be
  possible to export all the trades for multiple stocks and get a semi clear
  picture of what Returns or MaxDD for the system is.  This would have
  to be done using a different methodology, probably utilizing an
  exploration.> >   <<...>>
  >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
  >
  >        >
  >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx>   Send