[amibroker] Re: Asymmetrical Deviation Bands looks into the Future ? Then why?

Jim,

In my own tests with Peak/Trough/Zig it "appears" that once a
reversal occurs it assumes things about the future until it has real
data to work off of.  Given the construction of G1, Peak/Trough of G1
and how much of a turn is required, try rewriting the formulae for
these without using peak & trough and you'll see that the turning
points sometimes occur in different places.

It's basically a 1% reversal in the DEMA(AVG, 8).

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jnk1997" <jnk1997@xxxx> wrote:
> I just downloaded EOD Data for yesterday, did not update for
current
> data today so last date on chart is 04/07/2003.
> If this formula needs future data, and the buy and sell vertical
> lines are lagging, why do I get a Buy (Green vertical line) on
APCC,
> BNI, GP,HNZ, LPX etc... for 04/07/2003, the last date of data on
the
> chart?????
> Regards
> Jim
>

>  /* Asymmetrical Deviation Bands v1 */
>
> /* Author Marc Valley 2003*/
>

> //MaxGraph = 8;
>
> HUB = BBandTop(High, 24, .20);
>
> LUB = BBandTop(High, 15, .50);
>
> LLB = BBandTop(Low, 8, 1.00);
>
> G1 = DEMA(Avg,8);
>
> //G4 = DEMA(Close,4);
>

> SUB = BBandBot(High, 16, .50);
>
> SLB = BBandBot(Low, 16, .25);
>

> Plot(HUB ,"HUB ",7,4); // YELLOW LINE
>
> Plot(LUB ,"LUB ",2,4);
>
> Plot(LLB ,"LLB ",4,4);
>
> Plot(G1 ,"G1 ",1,4);  //BLACK
>
> //Plot(G4 ,"G4 ",5,4);
>
> //Plot(SUB ,"SUB ",colorOrange,4);
>
> Plot(SLB,"SLB",5,4);
>
> //Plot(Peak(G1,1,1),"Peak",4,4);
>
> //Plot(Trough(G1,1,1),"Trough",5,4);
>
> Plot(Cross(G1,Trough(G1,1,1))*G1,"Entry",5,6);
>
> Plot(Cross(Peak(G1,1,1),G1)*G1,"Exit",4,6);
>
> GraphXSpace = 2;

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM