RE: [amibroker] Re: Candle height versus Candle body size

<SPAN
class=723253319-02042003>Dimitris,
<SPAN
class=723253319-02042003>
I may
have missed part of your thoughts on this trend indicator. I see the gif at the
below link and understand you are trying to combine a fast and slow indicator
but have you shared the method you are using to construct these 2 (or more)
variations?

There
are a number of relative measures you could consider.  PFE and R2 both come
to mind. Measuring absolute levels or better yet the number of rising or falling
bars may offer a good early warning as to the current mood of the trend.  I
am very interested to hear more about your concept.
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 1:30
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Candle height versus Candle body sizeSteve,The BANG
is not the problem, if the signal is clear and without whipsaws.My plan
is to introduce more delay in through the smoothing factor as the trend gets
stronger, thats why I need a relative measure for this strength.If we
speak for 3 steps [fast-medium-slow] or probably 4, special care may be
taken in the last phase to recalibrate the smoothing factor in order to get
a sharp "exit" signal.DEMA is , IMO, nervous enough to feel the change
ASAP.I have numerous alternatives and I will examine them carefully to
reach the optimal solution. The basic thought is at<A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/36592Any
opinion is much appreciated.Thank you for the interesting
reply.DT--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "steve_almond"
<steve_almond@xxxx> wrote:> If your indicator is showing the
strength of the trend, then the > trend gets stronger and stronger until
it ends with a BANG!> Best would be some combination of the two where the
histogram > gradually and smoothly returned to the zero line as the
strength of > the trend decreased, usually before reversing.>
> Steve> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> > wrote:> > The
upper gif gives an easy ref for the strength of the trend [the > >
17.95 for your lastvalue]. The lower gif does not include this > info,
> > it is just red OR green. Of course, if it is easier for you, it
is > OK.> > I will revert.> > DT> > ---
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stephen Almond \(T\)" > >
<s.almond@xxxx> wrote:> > > Are you sure the trend strength
is illustrated better than with a > > simple> > >
Histogram?> > > > > > Look forward to your
combinations.> > > > > > SteveSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.