RE: [amibroker] importing shares on issue

Thought I would answer myself, and pose a further query with another problem
created from solving (I think) the first.
I have imported the shares on issue for the stocks into the open interest
data straight into the AB database, even though it references the MS
database. I created a set of tickers just for the OI field to use as a
foreign function in the AA etc.
This seems to have worked ok and I can view the OI data and call it up
directly with an explore.
AddColumn(OI,"shares issued",1);

However I am having a problem getting it through the Foreign function.
The function works fine with the normal OHLCV, but not OI. I get a return of
the open price all the time,. As though it does not recognise the second
character I in OI within the foreign function.. In this case the shares on
issue are about 180m.

AddColumn( Foreign("OSIBPT","OI") ,"SOI",1);

Can someone help please

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading