[amibroker] Re: Efficiency & ATR (Al V. & Jayson)

Phsst,

I'm glad you raised this topic. I've been looking at various
positionsize systems.
First thing is to decide how we measure the 'quality' of the results.
I've been using Expectancy =(1+Avg.win/avg.loss)*(win/total)-1. Using
this when testing a simple system against the NDX, a fixed
positionsize gives the best expectancy. ANY fixed value($20,000,
$50,000) gives the same value for expectancy. Note, though, that this
isn't the case if you use RAR/DD or some such measure.
I look forward to hearing what the experts think on this topic.

Steve

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM