Re: [amibroker] Efficiency & ATR (Al V. & Jayson)

Gosub:

I think you have an error in parentheses preference. <FONT
face="MS Sans Serif">Your formula: GM_Vol = (MA(ATR(14),5) /
MA((H+L/2),14))*100;Shouldn't it be: GM_Vol =
(ma(ATR(14),5)/ma(((H+L)/2),14))*100;

In the denominator of your formula, the division of L/2 occurs, then the
quotient is added to the high. I think you meant the range divided by 2 or
(H+L)/2, right?

Chuck LeBeau, in his Traderclub.com forum, has said in the past he likes to
trade stocks whose ATR is somewhere between ~3 to 9% of its price. Too low and
you don't get enough action. Too high and volatility kills you.

Al V.
<BLOCKQUOTE