[amibroker] Re: Composite Equity Curves (traps for new players)

 lionel,
  the ASX is the australian stock exchange.
  I dont like the 26 A to Z folders, this is the way my folders are
set up from my data supplier.
   I prefer all the files in 1 data folder.

   Are the quotes plus data files in text files or do they get placed
directly into AMI's database ?

   What market are you trading ?
 as i would need a industry group sheet of the market you trade, so i
create the macro, that will modify this sheet to create the ticker
list.

   The industry sheet i am refering to contains ,the ticker codes the
name of the company, the sectors, delistings, e.t.c.

  peter.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxx> wrote:
> Peter:
>
> WOW! Thanks for your detailed description of how you set up your
folders
> and handle. It has many good ideas for me.
>
> What is ASX Industry sheet? I guess that it should not be a problem
for
> me to use it.
>
> I haven't set up my folders in A to Z form as I am using Quotes
Plus as
> my data provider.  They can only put 255 symbols in each folder,
which
> means I'd have around 30 folders.
>
> Thanks for the detailed description
>
> Regards
>
> Lionel

A).

>   from this imformation it is easy to select the group of
overwritten
> files and dragging them into a new folder (folder C).
>
>    (folder A) now contains the options warrants delisted e.t.c.
> ticker data files, as well as any files that excel created from the
> industry group sheet that were not overwritten.
>

>    Peter.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Peter:
> >
> > Thanks, I do have Excel. Please do send me your macro
> >
> > Lionel

accidentally

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2784921.4151384.1769302/D=egroupweb/S=17
> > 05
> > > >
> > > 632198:HM/A=1377502/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?
> > a=b31550
> > > >

> > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
> > M=243066.2784921.4151384.1769302/D=egrou

> > Service
> > >

> > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2784921.4151384.1769302/D=egroupweb/S=17
> > 05
> > > 632198:HM/A=1377500/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?
> > a=b31540
> > > 113206004000>
> > >
> > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
> > M=243066.2784921.4151384.1769302/D=egrou
> > > pmail/S=:HM/A=1377500/rand=437826986>
> > >
> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> Service
> > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2784921.4151384.1769302/D=egroupweb/S=17
> 05
> > 632198:HM/A=1377500/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?
> a=b31540
> > 113206004000>
> >
> > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
> M=243066.2784921.4151384.1769302/D=egrou
> > pmail/S=:HM/A=1377500/rand=542245685>
> >
> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service