[amibroker] Re: Efficiency & ATR (Jayson)

Jason,

Yes, that is an interesting chart.
Combining ATR, MA's and volume on the same
pane is quite revealing. I'm going to start
mixing things on one pane. I just learned
about "styleOwnScale" (from one of your charts)
so...now.....let the games begin !

Gosub283

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> GM,
>
> I Agree that Raw ATR numbers are of little use. What is important
is to
> understand the ATR value as it pertains to the bars move.
> Along a similar vein you may find this interesting. I use it daily
on an
> interday chart to gauge if the days move is within the "Normal ATR
for the
> stock as well as to measure the volume against it's own MA.
> The top value is today's volume as measured against the 50 day MA
of volume.
> The second line measures today's price move as a percentage against
the
> "normal" (ATR14) ATR. The final line is the ATR(14) measured as
percentage
> of the daily close.
> At a glance I can see if the stocks ATR reflects a boring,
potentially
> satisfying or down right scary range and if today's move is
important or
> just average.....
>
> I use a dark back ground, you may wish to adjust the colors....
>

> ATRparm=Param("ATR Look Back",14,10,50);
> x=ATR(atrparm);
> y=(x/C)*100;
> z=(ATR(1)/C)*100;
> Vparm=Param("Vol MA",50,10,200);
> Col1=IIf(V>MA(V,50),MA(V,50),V);
> Colzone1=IIf(C>Ref(C,-1),colorDarkGreen,colorDarkRed);
>
> Plot(Col1,"", colzone1,3|styleThick);
> Plot(V,"Volume",IIf(C>Ref(C,-
1),colorBrightGreen,colorRed),2|styleThick);
> Plot(MA(V,50),"Vol Average " ,colorYellow,4);
> Value1=ATR(1)/y*10;
> Plot(value1/ATR(atrparm ),"ATR",4,1) ;
> Plot(y,"% of Vol Average "+WriteVal(V/MA(V,vparm)*100,1.0) +"%"+"
ATR %"
> ,colorWhite,styleOwnScale |1);
> GraphXSpace=3;
>

> Jayson

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM