[amibroker] Re: Candle height versus Candle body size (for gosub)

<Perhaps I've just saved someone 40 years of research?  I hope so.>

Chuck,

I've been doing this for 30+ years, starting with hand drawn charts
and graduating to my own developed software systems over the years,
and now spending a heck of a lot of time with Amibroker.

I may not get it today, but I've logged your post and I may get it
before 'it is over with'.

Cheers to you,

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> I mentioned to you one of the things that I have learned after many
years of
> developing trading systems.   I told you that I filter stocks using the
> ratio of total candle height to candle body size over some period of
time.

> Have a look at two charts:   AAR  and ABJ
>
> I have no idea what these companies do or who runs them, but I think
that
> most traders would prefer to trade AAR and not ABJ, if given the choice.
> Why do you suppose that is the case?    It's kind of hard to put in
words,
> but I sure don't like the look and feel of ABJ.    So, I try to
quantify it
> so that I can use AB, MetaStock or TradeStation to filter out ABJ
for the
> time being.  I may want to look at again later, but not right now.   In
> fact, my systems will have a fresh look every day.   But, we've
already beat
> that to death.
>
> In order to quantify why I don't like the look of ABJ, I discovered
that I
> can calculate the ratio of total candle height to candle body height
over
> some number of days and if the ratio is "high", I simply won't trade it.
> You'll have to figure out for yourself how many days to look at and what
> kind of value is "high".
>
> Of course, there are those people who would like to trade ABJ for
the very
> reason that I don't want to trade it.   But their systems or methods
would
> be quite different from mine.   When ABJ takes on the look of AAR (next
> week, next month or next year), I will automatically have a look at
it using
> my systems.  Until then, it flunks test number 23.
>
> Perhaps I've just saved someone 40 years of research?  I hope so.
>
> Cheers

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM