[amibroker] Re: TESTING THE UNIVERSE ? (for GoSub)

Chuck,

Thanks for your comments.
If you have been trading for 40 years, and
youre still around...then I have to give some
credability to your findings :-)

Are you only trading stocks that tested with
some degree of success over a certian time period ?
(Eg; The last five years)

What is the criteria that you trade one and not the
other ?

thanks,
Gosub283

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> I think I approach this problem in a different way.   I agree with
you on
> all three points (A,B,C) mentioned below.   Why then, you might
ask, do I
> still want my system to look at all of the stocks in the universe?
>
> To me the answer is easy.  I don't want to sit down daily, weekly
or monthly
> and portion the stocks out to nice little groups of "tradeable"
and "not
> tradeable".   I don't think that I'm smart enough and I surely
don't have
> the time.
>
> However, I can write systems that will do all of this for me.   In
order for
> these systems to do the intended job, however, they need to see all
of the
> stocks every day.   I let the system decide whether the each
stock "appears"
> to be tradeable or not.   By letting the system do the deciding, I
can be
> fishing instead of perusing charts.  I've been trading for 40 years
and have
> yet to look at a chart to make any sort of trading decision.   I
have looked
> at charts in order to transfer the look and feel of a chart to my
trading
> systems, but not for making actual trading decisions.
>
> So, I'm a single-click trader and I'm trading on behalf of several
hedge
> funds.   My systems make a single pass through all of the active
stocks and
> decide which ones to trade and in which direction.   I blindly
enter the
> orders before the market opens and I'm done (trading) for the
day.   I spend
> the rest of the day doing research on how to improve my systems.
If the
> sun is shining and it's not too windy, I'm fishing!

Service.

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM