[amibroker] Re: TRENDING vs. RANGING markets

The first [and the last] word : I hate probability [theory and
application] when related to human affairs [and I still consider
trading as a human activity].
The reason is just simple. I feel like a victim, when the time comes
to apply any result : It is 85% positive and 15% negative. But, in
the very next second my order "sell" will be 100% done and the result
will be 100%+ or 100%-. I canīt stand it !!
Day by day I increase the distance from an 100% mechanical system. A
good system is a good advice, nothing more.
I need to be there, to estimate various parameters and take a cool
decision. I avoid to code my decision criteria and, much more, to
apply statistics on them. a secondary syndrom, the last 4 months, is
to take a quick +10% and go. Perhaps my codes will proove later that
this was the right strategy for this ambiguous period, but I really
donīt care. I just apply the general feeling from more than 80
[sophisticated]curves. There is a living internal agreement in this
small coding universe and the question is my position in this endless
game. The last 9 months my signals were on the right side, no
surprise at all. The first wrong signal/decision will be interesting
[it will be out of the new "probable" !!!] and will be posted
immediately.Even in this case, it will be atleast funny to say "37
correct movements, 1 wrong, letīs make the division and calculate the
probability for the next movement !!
I hope it is clear, although it is 100% personal.
DT

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM