Re: [amibroker] TRENDING vs. RANGING markets

>I am not so sure humans do a much better job of this analysis than do
>computers.  When we look at charts, we are looking at 100..

I have to dissagree on that one,
People do a better job then computers without a doubt.
The only thing that might be able to out-predict humans (But not yet) are
AI's - As of today - They are no where near powerfull enough for the task.
Except mabie those deep blue computers from IBM - If Adapted to Market
rather than chess.

And yes - We are talking predicting the outcome of an event based on
current position and historical referece.

The reasoning (Very Simplified) is that prediction - is one of the core
survival traits of our species.

Every decision we make every day - Is based on Prediction - ie Past
experience/knowledge of events or strings of events.
(Or Trends if you want to make an analogy to the trading world)

Very true we can not "ForSee" the future - But we are VERY good at
"Predicting" it. And that's why we are here discussing it rather than
peeling bananas in the trees ;-)

RE:
>you can truly set up a valid blind test yourself). Now see how "good"
>your human brain is at identifying the transitions in "real time".
>And good luck!  ^_-
And on the flip side of the coin - How would a Computer fair With no
Helpfull programming from us "Humans" eg. Prewritten indicators or even
selflearning indicator code (AI weighting)????

You gota remember - Computers are only what WE program them to be.

KR
Michael.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM