RE: [amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan and TRIN

<SPAN
class=426054115-21032003>Sursod,
IMO it
is much easier to simply create your own composites. Using the built-in feature
requires all the set up you describe. Perhaps a good way to start is by creating
a watchlist of all the nyse you wish to track, another for the Nas, another for
the spx. You can get lists of component stocks from   <A
href="">http://www.grainmarketresearch.com/ndx_symbols.cfm
the AB help file will give instructions for making
watchlists.
<SPAN
class=426054115-21032003>
The
profile window settings is for research use not data collection. At the top of
your AB window press the Internet Explorer icon. This will open a window at
Yahoo for the selected stock currently in your chart.
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: sursod
[mailto:wl@xxxx]Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 10:35 AMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan
and TRINJayson,Thank you for your reply, I will
look in help for composites.I followed #4 2000 newsletter to down load
A/D issues:"Open Categories window using Stock->Categories menu
item.Select base index for given market in Markets tab and Base indexes
for - Composites combo.For example if you are following NYSE this can by
^DIJ (Dow Jones Average)."I tried changing NYSE and DJI with Nasdaq and
^SPX, but it didnot work. I suppose it's because I have not done the add
composite task as you suggestedIn the URLS/profile window in lower
right corner on the same screen is this address:<A
href="">http://biz.yahoo.com/p/(t0)I copied
this into my screen, but I have no idea what it is, it can't be a data
source, can it.When I download in Amiquote I use the default: yahoo.
Thanks again,Sursod--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Sursod,> this depends on
your data provider. Some offer a/d and up/dn vol for nas as> well. If
yours does not than you may create your own using the> addtocomposite()
function. There is a good tutorial in the help section for> how to
construct your own composites. You may also wish to take a look at>
the help file regarding the proper use of Trin. The settings windows
allows> for smoothing, using a custom code you may look at the raw data
as well...> > Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: sursod [mailto:wl@xxxx]> Sent: Friday, March
21, 2003 8:34 AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan and TRIN> > >
Hi,> The McClellan and Trin we get in Amibroker, retrieved by using
the> instructions on newsletter #4 in 2000, are based on NYSE
Adv/decl> issues and UpVol/Dn Vol, and not that of Nasdaq, am I correct?
If so,> how do I get Nasdaq data into Amibroker?> > I
am puzzled also by the AB default TRIN setting of 15/45, I had> thought
TRIN is calculated day by day and no period is used.> > This is my
first post, I apologize if I ask dumb questions that have> been answered
many times before.> > Sursod> > >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.