Re: [amibroker] Multiple-symbol optimization

Steve,
Thanks for that Steve - much appreciate the feedback.
I trade options in OZ using a watchlist of 20 of the most liquid
stock.
Some of them are very volatile and others less so - and they can't be
traded the same way.
Well, they can - but I noticed when I first began using AB that some
systems performed poorly when using generic settings but immensely
profitable and tradable when optimized to take account of their
volatility.
Now - I admit that I have a slow machine - 300 MHz - but even with a fast
system - it is a pain to sit here run individual stock through
optimizations.
Automating the process lets you spend more time actually doing things
than sitting here watching the progress bar slowly proceeding along it's
seemingly interminable journey.
Arthur
Hi
Arthur,

I spoke briefly to TJ about this a while ago, and
mentioned to him that MS 8.0 does this now. He said he does not really
like this type of testing (leads to curve fitting), but said that he
might add it if it became necessary. I would respectfully suggest that
anyone who would like to see this capability in AB make their wishes
known. If TJ knows enough people want to use it, he might see fit move it
up the priority list. Meanwhile, I am putting the finishing touches on a
DLL that will do this for a number of the basic built-in indicators using
either reversal or OB/OS backtesting. It works in explorer, ib, scan etc.
I will need a couple of weeks to finish it up, and will post it
then.

Steve