From: mroman59 [mailto:mroman59@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 20 March 2003 5:41 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] AB Guru's - I need help please

According to AB User Guide the following is stated:

The formula "ref( CLOSE, -14 )" returns the closing price 14 periods
ago. Thus, you could write the 14-day price rate-of-change
(expressed in points) as "C - ref( C, -14 )." The formula "ref( C,
+14 )" returns the closing price 12 periods ahead (this means
looking up the future).

Therefore, I wish to calculate simple resistance & support levels
using the following formula below for a given date and report the
future C, H, L values which should be in the database, so as long as
the date exploration is run on a day previous to the future value,
according to User Guide intstruction above. See last three (3) lines
of the following code. However, AB 4.30 will not allow me to report
any values for this code.

//Support & Resistance
PP=(H+L+C)/3;
S1=(2*PP)-H;
R1=(2*PP)-L;
S2=PP-(H-L);
R2=PP+(H-L);

Buy = C>0;
Filter = Buy;
AddColumn(Ref(C,-1),"PrevClose",1.2);
AddColumn(PP,"PP",1.2);
AddColumn(S1,"S1",1.2);
AddColumn(S2,"S2",1.2);
AddColumn(R1,"R1",1.2);
AddColumn(R2,"R2",1.2);
AddColumn(Ref(H,+1),"Hi",1.2);
AddColumn(Ref(L,+1),"Low",1.2);
AddColumn(Ref(C,+1),"Close",1.2);

Please Advise.
Thank You

PS - If anyone has any support and resistance formulas other than
the traditional ones above, taken from stocks and commodities
magazine, I would appreciate your assistance in this area.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM