[amibroker] Re: RSI - RSC (Jason?)

Jason,

Thank you for the RSC afl which you submitted in #34763. I have found
it most useful.
When I run your code below on the NDX it produces very similar
results to the RSC formula in #34763 although there are some
differences.
Does the earlier RSC afl which includes the ROC function have any
particular advantage over the code below?

Keith

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Anthony,
>
> I was reviewing your code for the RS comparison and thought perhaps
It would
> be be an interesting study for my Sector Rotation work. It Was,
thanks! you
> may find this variation of use. It provides a visual look at the
trend of
> each reading. For longer term study you may wish to adjust the ref
> periods....
>
> Question: You had selected 250 as a look back period. Was this
arbitrary or
> have you done some tests to determine this range to be optimal??
>

> file://Relative Comparison %
>
> period = 21;//Period of relative Comparison
>
> BaseMarket="~index";//select Base market
>
> x = Foreign(BaseMarket,"C") - Ref(Foreign(BaseMarket,"C"),-period);
> x = (x / Ref(Foreign(BaseMarket,"C"),-period)) * 100;
> y = C - Ref(C,-period);
> y = ( y / Ref(C,-period)) * 100;
> rs = y - x;
> Filter=1;
>
> AddColumn(RS,"Today
> RS%",1.2,IIf(RS==0,colorBlue,IIf(rs>Ref(rs,-
1),colorGreen,colorRed)));
> AddColumn(Ref(RS,-1),"Yesterday
> RS%",1.2,IIf(RS==0,colorBlue,IIf(Ref(rs,-1)>=Ref(rs,-
2),colorGreen,colorRed)
> ));
> AddColumn(Ref(RS,-2),"2 days
> ago",1.2,IIf(RS==0,colorBlue,IIf(Ref(rs,-2)>=Ref(rs,-
3),colorGreen,colorRed)
> ));
> AddColumn(Ref(rs,-3),"3 days
> ago",1.2,IIf(RS==0,colorBlue,IIf(Ref(rs,-3)>=Ref(rs,-
4),colorGreen,colorRed)

<ajf1111@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Alan,
> > >
> > > Here is what I use:
> > >
> > > //Relative Comparison %
> > > period = 250;//Period of relative Comparison
> > > BaseMarket="^ndx";//select Base market
> > > x = Foreign(BaseMarket,"C") - Ref(Foreign(BaseMarket,"C"),-
period);
> > > x = (x / Ref(Foreign(BaseMarket,"C"),-period)) * 100;
> > > y = C - Ref(C,-period);
> > > y = ( y / Ref(C,-period)) * 100;
> > > rs = y - x;
> > > Filter=1;
> > > AddColumn(RS,"RS_%",1.2);
> > > Anthony

RS of
> > > certain stock compare to list of stocks (such as N100).
Something
> > > similar to RS in Investor Business Daily.
> > >
> > > Alan
> > >

> > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > >

> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx