RE: [amibroker] Re: Correct Metastock plug-in use

<SPAN
class=973594618-18032003>Andy,
try
creating a new database following the steps out lined below then make this new
database your default. Under local storage check disable. If you are seeing data
then you know you have pointed AB to the correct MS data. If no data is present
than you need to double check the correct location of your MS data
file........
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: andy_kovacs
[mailto:andy_kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 1:32
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Correct Metastock plug-in useThanks Jayson - I
did all that - I followed the help instructions to the letter. The only
thing I can think of is that something happened cos I set the database up
wrong to begin with, and corrected it when it was already full. Maybe that
has something to do with it...Any other suggestions
welcome.Andy--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Andy,> be sure the plug-in is
pointed at your MS database. Go to files then> database. The MS plug
in should be selected as Data source. Next press> configure. The path
to the metastock data should match the metastock data> location you
update with ML down load. If it does not or is empty use the> add
button to make them match> > Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: andy_kovacs [mailto:andy_kovacs@xxxx]> Sent:
Tuesday, March 18, 2003 10:17 AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Correct Metastock plug-in use> > >
Rick -> > Thanks for the prompt reply. No, Im not using Meta's
downloader - Im> using another program (ML Downloader) that updates
and maintains the> data itself in meta format. I can open them OK
(updated) in> Metastock, but Amibroker doesnt seem to register any
updates/changes> Im making to the quotes. I end up having to use the
metastock import> wizard. As far as I know, Im not using local
databases (I set the> settings the same as in the instuctions) but as
updates arent> registering it does look that way.> > Any
other ideas?> > > Andy> > > >
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Parsons"
<RickParsons@xxxx>> wrote:> > Andy,> >>
> Are you using Metastock's Downloader to update your data?  If
so,> you do not need to "import" the Metastock quotes.  The
Metastock> plugin should access the Metastock files directly.  If
you import> the data, then you are creating a "local database" which is
in> native Amibroker format.  Running the Downloader does not update
a> local database.> >> > I hope this helps.  If
I am wrong on this, others will correct me.> >> >
Rick> >   -----Original Message----->
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Subject: [amibroker]
Correct Metastock plug-in use> >> >> >
based on Metastock format> quote data. Today I noticed the AB graphs
werent updating as I> update the metastock quotes. I checked the help
file and realised Id> set it up wrong, so I changed all the database
settings, plug-in and> MS file paths according to the
instructions.> >> >   However, AB still isnt
updating as I add new quotes (past) to> existing tickers. I also
(following the instructions) set up a new> database to test and imported
the data. I then added a few past> quotes, but even this database doesnt
reflect new data added to> ticker history files.> >>
>   Is there something Im missing, or do I really need to import
the> data every day?> >> >
Thanks> >> >    Andy> >>
>         Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >>
>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> >   Send
SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
Terms of> Service.> >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.