RE: [amibroker] Re: Correct Metastock plug-in use

<SPAN
class=057283515-18032003>Andy,
be
sure the plug-in is pointed at your MS database. Go to files then database. The
MS plug in should be selected as Data source. Next press configure. The path to
the metastock data should match the metastock data location you update with ML
down load. If it does not or is empty use the add button to make them
match
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: andy_kovacs
[mailto:andy_kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 10:17
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Correct Metastock plug-in useRick - Thanks for
the prompt reply. No, Im not using Meta's downloader - Im using another
program (ML Downloader) that updates and maintains the data itself in meta
format. I can open them OK (updated) in Metastock, but Amibroker doesnt seem
to register any updates/changes Im making to the quotes. I end up having to
use the metastock import wizard. As far as I know, Im not using local
databases (I set the settings the same as in the instuctions) but as updates
arent registering it does look that way.Any other
ideas?Andy--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick
Parsons" <RickParsons@xxxx> wrote:> Andy,> > Are
you using Metastock's Downloader to update your data?  If so, you do
not need to "import" the Metastock quotes.  The Metastock plugin should
access the Metastock files directly.  If you import the data, then you
are creating a "local database" which is in native Amibroker format.
Running the Downloader does not update a local database.> > I
hope this helps.  If I am wrong on this, others will correct me.>
From: Andrew Smith [mailto:andy_kovacs@xxxx]>   Sent: Tuesday,
March 18, 2003 8:32 AM>   To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: [amibroker] Correct
Metastock plug-in use> > >   Hi>
>   This weekend I set up in AB a database based on Metastock
format quote data. Today I noticed the AB graphs werent updating as I
update the metastock quotes. I checked the help file and realised Id set
it up wrong, so I changed all the database settings, plug-in and MS file
paths according to the instructions.> >   However, AB
still isnt updating as I add new quotes (past) to existing tickers. I also
(following the instructions) set up a new database to test and imported the
data. I then added a few past quotes, but even this database doesnt reflect
new data added to ticker history files. > >   Is
there something Im missing, or do I really need to import the data every
day?> >   Thanks> >
Andy> >         Yahoo!
Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT>