[amibroker] Re: Relative Strength Comparison vs AB Relative Strength

Hi Anthony
I am having trouble understanding how what your formula plots is
different from the inbuilt relative strength indicator. On some
stocks they look almost identical but on others they are very
different.
I would appreciate if you were to explain the underlying logic so
then maybe I could understand how they differ.

Thanks
Anthony

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> Alan...
>
> Did you receive my last post....If not here it is again.
>
> Load into Indicator builder..select show dates..insert your base
markets as
> per your data provider...I use Yahoo...click apply....
>
> this formula can also be used in the AA window...
> /************************************************************/
>
> //Relative Strength comparison %
>
> period = 250;
>
> //insert Base markets
> basemkt1="^ndx";//must be enclosed in quotation marks
> basemkt2="^gspc";//must be enclosed in quotation marks
>
> BaseMkt=basemkt1;//Select Base market....
>
> x = Foreign(BaseMkt,"C") - Ref(Foreign(BaseMkt,"C"),-period);
> x = (x / Ref(Foreign(BaseMkt,"C"),-period)) * 100;
> y = C - Ref(C,-period);
> y = ( y / Ref(C,-period)) * 100;
> rs = y - x;
>
> Color=colorBlue;//line color
>
> Plot(rs,EncodeColor(colorBlack)+"Relative_Strength of ..
> +EncodeColor(Color)+Name()+EncodeColor(colorBlack)+".. as compared
> +WriteIf(basemkt==basemkt1,EncodeColor(color)+"^NDX"
> WriteIf(basemkt==basemkt2,EncodeColor(color)
+"^GSPC","")),color,styleLine);

> Filter=1;
> AddColumn(rs,"RS_%",1.2);

> Anthony

RS
> of
> > > certain stock compare to list of stocks (such as N100).
Something