[amibroker] Re: RSI (should probably be "RS")

Hello,
Amibroker's RELSTRENGTH  is equivalent to IBD's RS Line, not IBD's
Relative Strength.

IBD's RS Line is the stock's price divided by the SandP 500 index.
It is on the IBD charts.

IBD's Relative Strength is a ranking over the market for price
appreciation over several time frames. It is listed in the stock
tables.

Currently, you can't rank the output of an exploration in Amibroker
directly. Here are two workarounds:

1. Export the data you want to rank to Excel, use the
Excel 'percentrank' function. Import the ranking data back into
Amibroker and access it via 'Foreign'.

2. Implement 2 consecutive Amibroker runs to calculate average and
standard deviation of your favorite technical indicator over the
basket of securities you want to rank.
(standard deviation uses average in the calcuation, hence the need
for two consecutive A2C runs).

Use ratio of the individual security's technical indicator to the
AddtoComposite's  standard deviation as your ranking criteria.

Downhillspeedster

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> You may be right Chuck. If so he may wish to have a look at
relstrength...

> jayson
>
>       RELSTRENGTH
>       - comparative relative strength Referencing other symbol data
>       (AFL 1.3)
>

>       SYNTAX  relstrength( "tickername", fixup = 1)
>       RETURNS ARRAY
>       FUNCTION  Calculates relative strength of currently selected
security
> compared to "tickername" security. When you give an empty string as
> argument, a standard relative strength base security taken from
> Stock->Categories will be used.
>       The last parameter - fixup - with the default value of 1 -
causes
> filling the holes in the data with previous values (behaviour
introduced in
> 3.90.3), if fixup is 0 - the holes are not fixed (the old, pre-
3.90.3
> behaviour)
>       Note: you can still use Foreign/RelStrength in the old way:
>       Foreign( "ticker", "field" ), RelStrength( "ticker" ) - then
the holes
> will be fixed.
>       EXAMPLE relstrength( "^DJI" )
>

> Jayson