Re: [amibroker] Keyboard shortcuts are not saved

Thomas,

If you attempt to assign PAGEUP/DOWN you will notice
"Currently assigned to: Chart | Scroll Page Left"
displayed right below shortcut edit field.

So it is obvious that key is assigned already.
=================================

If you wish to assign it to a different action you have to go
to Chart | ScrollPageLeft and DELETE shortcut key FIRST.

Actually this is all described in the USERS GUIDE:
Reference Guide: Windows: Preferences

Quote from the users guide:
"Allows you to define and/or modify keyboard shortcuts for menu items / commands.

To assign a shortcut key

On the Tools menu, click Preferences, and then click the Keyboard tab.

In the Categories list, select the menu that contains the command to which you want to assign the shortcut key.

In the Commands list, select the command to which you want to assign the shortcut key.

Put the cursor in the Press New Shortcut Key box, press the shortcut key or key combination that you want, and click Assign.
If you press a key or key combination that is invalid, no key is displayed. You cannot assign key combinations with ESC, F1, or
combinations such as CTRL+ALT+DEL that are already being used by your operating system.

If you press a key or key combination that is currently assigned to another command, that command appears under Currently Assigned
To.

To delete a shortcut key

On the Tools menu, click Preferences, and then click the Keyboard tab.

On the Categories, and Commands lists, select the location for the shortcut key you want to delete.

In the Current Keys list, select the shortcut key you want to delete and click Remove.

To reset all shortcut keys to their default values

On the Tools menu, click Preferences, and then click the Keyboard tab.

Click Reset All.

"

I really spend lots of hours to update the manual and it has grown 80+ pages
so please check it out.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com