[amibroker] Re: Formula question

Thanks Jayson.  Quick question, why bother applying the filter of
C>0 -- since there aren't any negative closing prices then why  put
it into the auto analyzer?  Also I've tried the addcolumn command in
the past and haven't had much luck getting it to pop up on the
scans.  I copied and pasted your formula into the analyzer and again
the new columns were not added onto the scan results.  Any idea what
I may be doing wrong?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> You may be getting no signals because the two indicators you are
measuring
> are so different. try this exploration to see your values...
>

> Filter=C>0;
> AddColumn(ROC(C,14),"ROC");
> AddColumn(MA(C,20),"MA");
> AddColumn(C,"Close");
>
> To see how cross works try applying it to something like close and
its ma

> cross(c,ma(c,20);
>

> Jayson

Service.