[amibroker] Back Test and Optmization results inpoints and not percents?

  • To: "_amibroker_yahoo" <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Back Test and Optmization results inpoints and not percents?
  • From: "dingo" <dingo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:01:38 -0800

In the help file page: "Tutorial: Back-testing systems for futures
contracts" it says

" Simple cases

Points-only test

Points only test is equivalent to trading just one contract. This can be
easily accomplished using Futures mode of the backtester and adding the
following one line to your formula:

PositionSize = MarginRequirement = 1; "

But when I do this my results are 0 and there must be some settings
other than the aforementioned Futures Mode that are set wrong.  I'm not
trading futures - just a stock. But I want the results expressed in
Points and not percentages.

How can I do that?

TIA

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/GHeqlB/TM