RE: [amibroker] Re: Price - OBV overlay indicator help - thanks Jayson

You
may want to look at the twiggs indicator that was discussed last week. It deals
with gaps as well as the data drop off you mention.....
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: the_chairmann
[mailto:jhart_1972@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 9:18
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Price - OBV overlay indicator help - thanks JaysonI had
to change the scale to get what I was looking for.  As far as the scan
goes, I've tried that in the past and didn't get anything too
reliable.  I'm guessing what happens is when you have a above average
day, when it comes time to day drop it from the calculation it causes huge
swings in the OBV indicator making it too unreliable.It'll be a work in
progress.  I was downloaded some of the archives and nice work on that
sector analysis piece in post 24839.  Same with DT and his mean RSI and
MeanCMO ideas.  My fiancee was ready to kill me last night for
spending hours reading through all these posts.  Thanks to all those
who have contributed so many incredibly creative ideas -- too many to
thank!  I'm looking forward to trying them out on my own--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> You
need to add styleownscale to one of them since they plot such
different> scales> > x=Close;> y=OBV();>
Plot(x,"Close",colorTeal,1);>
Plot(y,"OBV",colorYellow,1|styleownscale);> > For your scan
perhaps you could look for the ROC of the indicator to get a> feel
for what is moving???> > > > Jayson>
-----Original Message-----> From: the_chairmann
[mailto:jhart_1972@xxxx]> Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 9:48 AM>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Price - OBV overlay
indicator help ; OBV scan> > > I;m trying to plot the OBV
indicator on top of price so they are in> the same window but I'm having
problems.> > Here's what I tried:> x=Close;>
y=OBV();> Plot(x,"Close",colorTeal,1);>
Plot(y,"OBV",colorYellow,1);> > That didn't work as I kept getting
an error that said "plot".  Then> I tried copying the OBV indicator
into the y= part and all that did> was bring up the price but it was
delayed by a day, so there were> two lines one was actual price and the
second was showing price but> always a day behind.  I'm assuming
this can be done b/c it seems> like you can do whatever you want on this
package.> > Also, has anyone ever experimented with an OBV
scan?  I have never> seen a scan, or very few anyways, that pertain
to OBV.  I'm looking> at something where OBV increases by a certain
percentage but price> remains flat.  I suspect this may be tough
because some stocks have> such high degrees of varying OBV
readings.  A heavily traded stock> like SUNW may produce entirely
different results than thinly traded> stocks that do 150K per day
tops.  But what I'm trying to achieve> with this scan is finding
stocks that are quietly being accumulated,> hence the increasing OBV
and flat price.  In theory anyways, this is> setting the stage
for a big pop in price in the short to near term.> Seeing as how my last
programming experienmce came thru setting up a> program that would
show 4 flashing green blocks on a Ti99-4a pc, it> will be a long time
before I can create this.  Was just wondering if> anyone out
there may have experiemented with this and what kind of> results they
had> > Thanks> >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.