Re: [amibroker] Indicator Maintenance

CS

>Please, please,
>No more " Are you really, really, really sure? " windows or BS boxes

I was not advocating "confirm dialogues" but just expressing the opinion
that there should be some method(s) of protection. Protection could be
implemented in a variety of ways. I happen to agree with your view but some
users like the "are you really sure?" approach and I see no problem with
this as long as it can be configured on/off via Preferences as TJ did with
another one recently.

>Tell me how a professional IT developer loads/saves the wrong formula when
>the name of the formula is clearly listed in theOPEN/SAVE AS dialogboxes.

Here is one of the ways I mess up. Go into IB and scroll thru indicator list
searching for that indicator I was working on the other day. Can't find it
for certain so I press Load to search for required AFL file on disk using
file details date last modified etc. I make the mistake of Opening the
required indicator file and doing something with it without having first
remembered to reposition the IB scroll list on correct entry (or new entry)
thereby overwriting IB indicator code. The Load dialogue obscures most of
the IB dialogue so there is no easily visible reminder of the IB indicator
entry the program is positioned on. An easy mistake to make IMO.

>While I agree that it would be nice if AB would automatically load the
>name of the open formula from the Indicator Name list into the File >Name
part of the OPEN/SAVE AS dialog box, I have no problems keeping my 400+
formulas straight.

You are clearly very well organised - but are you sure (really, really sure)
that all your IB code matches that in your .afl files?  ;-))

John