RE: [amibroker] Price - OBV overlay indicator help ; OBV scan

You
need to add styleownscale to one of them since they plot such different
scales
<SPAN
class=123033017-08032003>
<SPAN
class=123033017-08032003>x=Close;y=OBV();Plot(x,"Close",colorTeal,1);Plot(y,"OBV",colorYellow,1|styleownscale);
<SPAN
class=123033017-08032003>
For
your scan perhaps you could look for the ROC of the indicator to get a feel for
what is moving???
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: the_chairmann
[mailto:jhart_1972@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 9:48
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Price
- OBV overlay indicator help ; OBV scanI;m trying to
plot the OBV indicator on top of price so they are in the same window but
I'm having problems.Here's what I
tried:x=Close;y=OBV();Plot(x,"Close",colorTeal,1);Plot(y,"OBV",colorYellow,1);That
didn't work as I kept getting an error that said "plot".  Then I tried
copying the OBV indicator into the y= part and all that did was bring up the
price but it was delayed by a day, so there were two lines one was actual
price and the second was showing price but always a day behind.  I'm
assuming this can be done b/c it seems like you can do whatever you want on
this package.Also, has anyone ever experimented with an OBV scan?
I have never seen a scan, or very few anyways, that pertain to OBV.
I'm looking at something where OBV increases by a certain percentage but
price remains flat.  I suspect this may be tough because some stocks
have such high degrees of varying OBV readings.  A heavily traded stock
like SUNW may produce entirely different results than thinly traded
stocks that do 150K per day tops.  But what I'm trying to achieve
with this scan is finding stocks that are quietly being accumulated,
hence the increasing OBV and flat price.  In theory anyways, this is
setting the stage for a big pop in price in the short to near term.
Seeing as how my last programming experienmce came thru setting up a
program that would show 4 flashing green blocks on a Ti99-4a pc, it will
be a long time before I can create this.  Was just wondering if anyone
out there may have experiemented with this and what kind of results they
had     ThanksSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.